Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of all claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves.
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
- Time management skills
- Exceptional telephone communication skills
- Experience in Retail claims environment
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability to convey professionalism
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, ie: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Minimum one to three years work experience required.
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to be licensed and/or certified in provinces in which claims are being handled.
Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work in conjunction with and support all administration management, supervisory and staff positions.
Hybrid office requirements - In office and remote working
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org