Our client is seeking an Executive Liability Specialist for their Commercial Division, who is a self-starter and can work in collaboration with the Production team to strategize, develop and market new and renewal business for our clients. The successful candidate is someone who have a good understanding of the insurance marketplace, specifically Executive Liability, and be able to build and maintain good working relationships with insurance carriers and clients.
- Executive Liability includes: Includes Directors’ & Officers’ Liability, Employment Practices Liability and Fiduciary (Pension Trust) Liability
- Coordinate, plan and develop marketing initiatives for our clients
- Negotiate terms for new business, renewals, and mid-term changes with insurance carriers and underwriters
- Gather and organize the information provided by Account Managers, Producers, internet and other sources to facilitate the renewal and new business submissions
- Participate in client meetings and calls to address market developments, insurer feedback and claims trends
- Track, maintain and follow-up on Insurer submission responses, review and prepare quotations to ensure accuracy, outlining coverage restrictions
- Prepare insurance summaries, client proposals and related documentation for the production team
- Analyze and Review policy wordings to ensure the proper coverages are in place
- Daily review of activities and follow up with insurers on outstanding items (endorsements, policy wordings, quotes, etc.)
- Ensure adequate coverage, and negotiate exclusive amendatory endorsements or additional requirements with underwriters as needed
- Provide alternate carrier options and mitigate any gaps in coverage for clients
- Attend industry events, educational seminars, and opportunities to further develop your network
- Coordinate social events in order to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Level 2 General Insurance License or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of 3 years of Executive Liability experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with and interpreting insurance policies
- Previous experience with building and maintaining client relationships
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Be able to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities
Asset experience that will make you stand out:
- Financial or legal education
- Those who are working towards or possess the CAIB, CIP, FCIP or CRM designations are preferred
If you are this person, reach out now!!
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 35 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kanak Deshpande at 778-383-9790 Ext.101 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.