Reporting to the AVP of Sales, the Business Development Specialist will be responsible to grow new business opportunities in the specialty insurance market in Canada while managing existing relationships with clients, brokers and partners.
Title: Business Development Specialist
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Prospect, identify and build profitable niche insurance business within the broker distribution channel.
- Effectively onboard new clients and provide exceptional ongoing care to your existing portfolio.
- Actively collaborate with internal departments, peers and colleagues to leverage areas of expertise that will enhance relationships with our broker partner’s and support their business growth.
- Direct development of both existing and new client relationships through targeted prospecting and sales programs including digital marketing activities to acquire new customers and sales channels.
- Drive revenue by delivering compelling presentations and delivery of information to new and existing brokers, associations, and other opportunities.
- Monitoring industry trends to identify and develop new sales and business opportunities.
- Travel and attendance at various industry and networking events to resume once local restrictions have been lifted due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Self-directed, energetic, and proven track record achieving sales, generating leads, and closing deals.
- University/College graduate with 2-5 years of P&C insurance industry experience
- Level I RIBO Licence; Level II or CAIB preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Technologically proficient with Salesforce and MS Office
Compensation: Competitive salary, great company bonus plan, paid benefits
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.