Title: Senior Reinsurance Technical Analyst
Location: Downtown Toronto, Hybrid
- Possess strong working knowledge of both facultative and treaty fields and have a well-rounded understanding of multiple lines of business, such as, but not limited to, property, energy, casualty, specialty casualty, automobile, and marine.
- Possess a thorough understanding of quota share and excess of loss structures.
- Comprehend complex wordings to determine applicable actions for warranties, cash losses, year-end adjustments, premium and claims billings, profits commissions and reinstatements.
- Have the ability to calculate items in preceding bullet as well as loss ratios. Be able to accurately allocate limits and shares to losses.
- College or University degree preferred
- 3+ years of insurance/reinsurance experience or reinsurance accounting/claims experience
- Strong communication (written and verbal), .
- Excellent computer and technical skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) with advanced Excel mastery particularly in the areas of formula and database structuring.
- Working knowledge of intermediate to advanced statistical analysis.
- Ability to identify, recognize and escalate critical issues for resolution.
- A general willingness to be flexible in work habits and assigned tasks.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Focused and detail oriented.
- Highly organized with excellent prioritization skills.
- Work well under stressful conditions, sometimes within tight timelines, to keep self and others focused, objective and effective in the face of pressure.
- A team player who consistently keeps relevant staff informed and updated.
- Employ problem solving and decision-making abilities to resolve challenges quickly and creatively through appropriate courses of action.
- Results oriented: Concentrate on activities necessary to achieve departmental and company’s goals.
- Customer Centred: Strive to attain a continual standard of 100% internal and external customer satisfaction in all areas.
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, paid benefits, and pension plan.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.