Senior Accident Benefits Adjuster
100% Remote Opportunity
Work for a National Reputable Insurer
What can you expect in this role?
Reporting to the Manager, Accident Benefit Claims, you are accountable for investigating, evaluating and settling Accident Benefit claims in accordance with the Insurance Act and the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule.
· Securing details of claims by corresponding with claimants and/or representatives
· Assessing coverage eligibility and reviewing and applying interpretations of policy wordings in the resolution of coverage issues
· Applying applicable Priority Rules chart to each claim file
· Processing election of benefit claims
· Reserving files appropriately after assessing claim
· Maintaining detailed file records on an electronic claims system
· Processing payments after confirming benefits, eligibility and reserves
· Coordinating the most effective course of action for claims
· Confirming collateral benefits
· Responding to claimant correspondence and Accident Benefit forms in accordance with the applicable legislation
· Reviewing and approving, when appropriate, treatment plans for claimant rehabilitation
· Arranging insurer examinations to determine benefits eligibility
· Preparing referral packages & obtaining the necessary medical information for insurer examinations
· Responding to assessment recommendations
· Participating in the dispute process
What do you bring to the role?
· University degree in any discipline or a college diploma or the CIP designation
· Minimum of 3 years Accident Benefit claims handling experience
· Experience handling mediations
· Computer proficient in MS Word and Excel
· Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers
· Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure
· Team player adaptable to a changing environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
· Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
· Unexpected perks to keep things fun
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 35 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.