Our client is seeking an creative and and forward-thinking Senior Casualty Underwriter to join their team! This is a great opportunity to join a high functioning team with all the autnomy in the world!
This position will be dealing with complex and hard to place risks with a casualty focus. Extra points if you have a deep understanding of liability underwriting.
Our client is offering a competitive salary, RSP matching, flexible hours, work life balance and more! And even better, thi sposition can be anywhere in Canada, working remotetly with a home office set up provided!
TThe duties of this position will include the following:
- Servicing a current Casualty book of business;
- Reviewing and vetting submissions;
- Preparing quotations.
Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and will possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- Level 2 General Insurance License (or equivalent);
- at least 5+ years of experience in a commercial insurance environment, preferably in the casualty lines space;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to handle stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy department;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize the workload to meet deadlines; and
- general administrative duties as required.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- exceptional computer skills and technologically savvy;
- a client centered approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to clients;
- a self-motivated and proactive approach;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and adapt to changing demands; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a collegial team
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position