Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster
Hybrid Role - Based in Toronto
Quickly expanding Organization with opportunity for growth
If you have a minimum of 2 years of experience we want to hear from you!
1. Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
2. Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
3. Negotiate with solicitors and directly with parties to resolve claims within authority granted.
4. Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
5. Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
6. Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation. Negotiate with solicitors and directly with parties to resolve claims within authority granted.
- Strong coverage skills, ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
- Time management skills
- Strong Organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability convey professionalism.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer services skills required
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years claims experience.
- Experience working in a commercial lines claims environment would be an asset.
- Partially or fully licensed and/or certified in provinces in which claims are being handled.
- Enrolled with the Insurance Institute for the required licensing courses working towards a full license.
Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work in conjunction with and support all clients.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.