Title: Cross Border Underwriting Specialist
Location: Downtown Toronto, Hybrid Role with lots of flexibility
- Develop business structure to support business opportunities in Canada for our group companies outside of Canada
- Risk selection & analysis using logical methodical underwriting tools and methods to support business
- Building contract wordings and agreements
- Ensuring all files are well documented and comply with departmental requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with our group companies, brokers, clients and partners
- Market presentations and relationship management to help develop business
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across business lines for multi-line approach
- Grow target business and maintain profitability
- Underwriting of new and existing program business
- Ongoing learning and updating on changes in marketplace, insurance trends, & provincial regulations
- You will also assist with broader company tasks as needed
- A university degree or college diploma in Commerce or Business or Mathematics (ideally with a focus on accounting, statistics, or economics) along with at least 5-7 years of related experience.
- CIP, FCIP, or ACAS
- Experience in cross border and fronting arrangements.
- Proven ability to place or provide facultative or treaty reinsurance.
- Experience dealing or placing cross border business in the United States or reverse flow business.
- Underwriting experience across a broad range of P&C insurance classes such as A&S, K&R etc. or Professional and Financial Lines underwriting experience.
- Program underwriting experience.
- Capability to manage multiple stakeholders as you will have two insurers, two brokers and possibly other reinsurers involved in these deals.
- A high level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capability managing multiple priorities simultaneously to meet deadlines and drive for results.
- Thought leadership and can innovate solutions quickly.
- A customer focused mindset
- Experience working closely with others and enjoy an atmosphere of cross-collaboration.
- Aptitude to thrive in a changing environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) are required; fluency in French is preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, paid benefits, and pension plan.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.