Our client is looking for an experienced Claims Leader who is looking to pass their knowledge off to an entire brokerage to become their next Claims Director. The director will set the strategic vision, jointly with all stakeholders and drive the Broker Claims Services Strategy. This is an opportunity for you to step into a senior management position and leverage all of the relationships you have cultivated during your career. This role manages all aspects of the team including analyzing and processing broker claims as well as leading efforts related to broker-centric business development, advocacy and product design, defining roles and responsibilities.
- Lead the investigation and resolution of broker-related claims
- Manage staff to ensure that all tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Oversee claim resolution to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to the team by setting goals, objectives, budgets, schedules, and policies for operations
- Communicate with brokers about claim status as needed or requested
- Communicate with other departments within the company about any issues or concerns related to broker claims
- Provide clients with
- Maintain open communications with brokers to ensure a positive customer experience
- Act as a liaison between brokers and other departments within the company as needed or requested
About the Employer:
Our client is an Alberta based brokerage that deals mostly in commercial insurance but does have a personal lines component as well. They have thrived by providing Alberta based businesses with Alberta centered expert advice. Their extremely low turnover rate is a testament to not only the appreciation they show their employees but their keen eye for bringing on talent that fits into their culture. This truly is an opportunity to join a premier employer!
Your favourite part of work is mentoring and helping those around you be the best that they can be. You are passionate about leading insurance companies and take great pride in your ability to add value wherever you can. You are a leader by example and feel confident when directing your staff because you have been in the trenches and understand what they are facing. You have an established network of contacts with brokers in Alberta. Most importantly you are energized and excited by the opportunity to put your stamp on the insurance industry.
- At least 10 years of experience in claims
- Extensive claims leadership experience
- Level 2 insurance licence
- Experience with identifying problems and implementing solutions
- Ability to influence, convince, direct and persuade others
- University degree/College diploma and CIP designation or active participation in CIP courses would be considered an asset
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-885-1849 or forward your resume in confidence to Kim@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.