Our valued client is looking for a senior claims professional to join their team in the role of Corporate Claims Manager. The successful candidate will work with their management peers on a variety of projects and support and empower a team of Claims Managers to ensure the objectives of the Claims Department and values of the company are being met. This position reports to the Vice President of Claims and is located at their Edmonton Head Office.
- Guide and support the claims managers and departments to a new claims system.
- Review and recommend future tech solutions to build and enhance customer service.
- Create solutions to workflow processes including integrating and updating for the new system.
- Utilize strong leadership and change management principles to guide and engage internal stakeholders including claims analysts, claims consultants, and the special investigations unit.
- Partner with IT and other internal stakeholders to oversee the maintenance of the new claims system.
- Accountable for the education and maintenance of training manuals and resources including keeping them up to date and modified when necessary. This includes reviewing audit reports to ensure training materials are effective.
- Add data analytics to drive process improvements into the claim workflow and to strengthen fraud detection.
- Monitor team performance and define appropriate training requirements within the claims departments.
Ideally, you have over 10 years of multi-line adjusting experience coupled with 3+ years leadership experience. You are a strong communicator and are future-oriented. You look to create the best possible processes for claims and speak in an effective, collaborative way but still manage to reconcile differences. You work hard and lead by example. You are approachable and genuinely care about your team.
- CIP/FCIP designation
- 10 years’ technical experience in multi-line claims as well as leadership experience
- Change management and claims system transition experience
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships quickly
- Computer/IT savvy and a commitment to continuous improvement
About the Company:
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.