Our client is a, innovative and successful global insurer seeking a Senior Underwriter for their mid market team! Our client insures some of the worlds largest multinational corporations, with a proven track record in the property and liability area.
This is a newly created position which would be a great opportunity for someone with strong industry relationships, analytical skills, and negotiation skills. ** This position is remote, but there will be the expectation to meet with Brokers. Ideally the successful Underwriter is based in Vancouver, or can regularly travel **
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal property & casualty business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines.
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process.
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives.
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring proper file documentation and accuracy of policy documents.
- Conducting broker and client presentations for business flow.
- Enhancing our brand visibility by participating in Industry events, socials, conferences etc.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- 5+ years of true underwriting experience in property and casualty.
- Solid technical knowledge of property & casualty wordings and underwriting methods.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Occasional travel to key markets is expected.
If you are team-oriented, dynamic, entrepreneurial and ready to take on new challenges, please contact me!
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790, x 104 or email your resume in confidence. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.