NOW HIRING – ACCIDENT BENEFITS CLAIMS ADJUSTER
On behalf of Future Amalgamation (Jan. 2023)/Salus Mutual has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented ACCIDENT BENEFITS CLAIMS ADJUSTER to join our growing team!
We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders when they need it most - during their claims experience. Reporting to the Claims Manager, as the Accident Benefits Claims Adjuster you will primarily be responsible for the investigation of accident benefits claims and ensuring compliance with the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule and FSRA Guidelines. You will also be responsible to meet with insureds, explain coverages, ensure all required documents are completed, and negotiate settlements.
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
- Experience with Health Claims for Auto Insurance (HCAI) System
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while meeting the needs of multiple claimants
- Sound judgement in decision making and problem solving
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Valid Driver’s License and own transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Post-Secondary education
- Maintain strict confidentiality and a strong work ethic
- Possess a high level of integrity while being respectful of others
- A positive attitude and highly organized to manage workflow effectively
- Ability to embrace new technology and changing processes
- Detailed knowledge of anatomy and medical terms
- Knowledge of insurance terminology and products
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) courses
- File litigation experience
Why work for us:
- Competitive compensation package which includes base salary, benefits, and a pension plan
- Flexible, people-oriented working environment
- Our employees are given opportunities for ongoing training and development
- We provide a positive team environment with a focus on health, wellness, and community involvement.
Howard Mutual Insurance Company and West Elgin Mutual Insurance Company, (in future amalgamation as Salus Mutual), are well-established mutual insurance companies. We pride ourselves on professional, friendly customer service provided by employees and agents who understand our policyholder needs and put our customers first.
Inquiring candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications and experiences in confidence by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and employment process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
For more information about Howard Mutual Insurance please visit our website www.howardmutual.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
For more information about West Elgin Mutual please visit our website www.westelgin.com or follow us on Facebook.