Our client is seeking a strong Commercial Manager to join the team and work with an amazing Regional Director! The Commercial Manager will be focused on leading a team of underwriters in cultivating and maintaining relationships with valued brokers, and responsible for driving growth and maintenance of a profitable book. This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who has a strong focus and emphasis on work life balance, and offer a generous time off package.
Ideally you are tech savvy and good with change management, as there are some exciting changes happening!
In order to be successful, you will possess the following:
- Your leadership and technical expertise will allow you to provide strong leadership while overseeing the Commercial Lines Business, providing effective guidance and mentoring to a team of both Commercial Lines Underwriters and Coordinators.
- A strong background in insurance, particularly commercial underwriting will be necessary to monitor, achieve and maintain company service standards while ensuring the team understands and complies with relevant regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of and the ability to manage Portfolio business
- Depth of understanding of the industry and the role will assist you in identifying key transaction risks and developing and implementing processes for mitigation of such risks. You will rely on your subject matter expertise to oversee and provide direction on large or unusual risks.
- An understanding of the pulse of the business will ensure success in monitoring the volume and profitability of the business line and implementing corrective action where required.
- Effective communication skills and a team approach will be of importance while conducting large loss reviews with head office Corporate Underwriting team.
- You will draw upon your commitment to exceptional customer service when responding to external customer enquiries with respect to underwriting decisions.
- Your ability to think analytically will assist you in developing various reports, conducting analysis, and making thoughtful recommendations.
- A commitment to continuous improvement is important as you will conduct file audits and develop summary reports.
- Commitment to the business and relationships will be valuable as you facilitate regular broker reviews.
- Strong initiative and a ‘get it done’ attitude will be of importance as you lead projects and see them through to completion.
- In-depth familiarity with commercial insurance
- Previous leadership experience
- Innovative, forward thinker able to manage multiple priorities
- Solid interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- CIP or FCIP designation an asset
- Strong computer skills including Office 365 products (Teams, Sharepoint) and Power BI
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790, x 104 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.