Working with one of Canada’s largest insurance companies looking for a Property Claims Adjuster. The successful candidate will work with premiere property vendors to quantify the claim and apply cost saving guidelines in the quantification of loss and expense without compromising the delivery of superior customer service.
Title: Property Claims Adjuster
Location: Anywhere in Canada, can be in the office, hybrid, or remote if not close to an office
This will have regular shifts, but will need to be flexible within the hours of 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday with the odd Saturday, to cover vacations etc.
- Support our claims customer demand through a call-center environment
- Investigate and negotiate property claims in accordance with procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for confirming coverage and compiling FNOL information for incoming claims.
- Responsible for data accuracy and the issuance of payments to vendors, insureds and experts.
- Review and compile facts, policy, and technical reports, analyze Xactware estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim accordingly.
- Effectively advise and counsel customers on claim status, provide prompt and exemplary customer service and while keeping related parties informed of the claims status.
- Responsible to ensure all correspondence is completed in a time efficient/effective manner including the creation of Critical Path, Proof of Loss and reservation of rights letters etc...
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities.
- Also responsible for reviewing case law to determine liability.
- Meets Property team performance expectations that are set individually and contributes to team success.
- Adheres to and supports policies surrounding attendance
- 1+ years of property claims insurance experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to support customer demand
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent computer skills and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism in English and French (is not a must but a big asset)
- Knowledge of Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean & Punjabi (not a requirement but a big asset)
- Licenses for claims adjusting in any provinces (not a requirement but a big asset)
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus up to 10%, benefits pension plan, share plan…
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.