Working with one of Canada’s largest insurance companies looking for a Large Loss Claims Adjuster. The successful candidate will work on both large commercial and personal lines property claims. This is a National Role working from a home office.
Title: Large Loss Claims Adjuster
Location: Remote role Toronto and the GTA
- Investigate claims by meeting with insureds and experts in order to obtain facts and information to assist in analyzing loss.
- Review and compile photos, secure statements, and compile reports
- Review and compile facts, policies, technical reports, analyze Xactimate estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim.
- Communicate claim adjustments via written reports to all parties. This will be based on the policy wording and circumstances surrounding the loss to determine coverage.
- Provide exemplary customer service and keep related parties informed of the claim status.
- Responsible for data accuracy and issuing payments to vendors, insureds and experts.
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner including the creation of Critical Path Letters, Proof of Losses, and Reservation of Rights letters etc.
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities.
- Review case law to determine liability.
- Travel across Canada as necessary
- Thorough knowledge of the property insurance industry
- At least 7-10 years of commercial and residential property claims adjusting experience.
- Strong construction knowledge
- Experience in directly handling complex residential and commercial losses in excess of $100,000.
- Strong digital literacy
- Strong case law knowledge in both civil code and common law provinces
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of property coverage wordings
- Some basic accounting skills
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
Compensation: Competitive salary, company vehicle, bonus up to 30%, benefits pension plan, share plan, 4 weeks vacation.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.