Our client is looking for a Senior Individual Life Reinsurance Underwriter. The Sr. Underwriter is primarily responsible for the evaluation of medical, non-medical, and financial risk of life and providing sound and competitive risk decisions to our clients. The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Analyze medical, non-medical and financial information to determine risk level based on company Underwriting Manual and guidelines while meeting departmental time service standards.
- Work closely with AVP and Medical Directors for ongoing training and exposure to advanced cases.
- Continuation of personal development through industry coursework (LOMA & ALU) and personal awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Participate on special projects and other duties as requested by Management.
- Develop and manage client relationships to ensure client's needs are met.
- Serve as client liaison; to include communicating underwriting decisions, advise, concerns, etc.
- Represent the company at industry meetings; lead or be a team member in special projects, committees, meetings and client presentations as required.
Education and Work Experience
- College education in an appropriate discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in life underwriting.
- Experience underwriting critical illness and disability income a plus.
- FLMI, AALU or FALU designation or clear commitment to achieve it within a short period of time.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Analytical mind and sound judgment.
- Ability to make sound business decisions.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business. terminology that is meaningful and well received.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems to viable solutions.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Attractive rewards package including base salary, eligibility for generous annual bonus, paid vacation, retirement savings, benefits etc.
- The position is based primarily from home (Montreal area).
- Work in an international financial group that places a high value on career development.
- Easy access to senior management.
- Work in dynamic, multi-skilled teams.
- Evolve in a friendly environment.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Contact me at 514-587-2508 or by email at email@example.com. I look forward to meeting you.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.