Our entrepreneurial culture allows us the freedom to take on new challenges, think creatively, and capture opportunities that others may not. The ideal candidate will have the experience necessary to infuse their work with creativity — creating new insurance solutions to ensure that clients in dynamic commercial sectors are well protected and well served.
The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of account management for new and existing clients — they will take responsibility for understanding our clients' insurance needs and providing the highest level of service. Further, they will be able to effectively prioritize their time according to client needs and corporate initiatives.
- Experienced — a minimum of four years as a commercial insurance Client Executive/Producer with direct experience broking and placing coverages
- Client-focused — has a proven ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships, assess client needs, and develop appropriate and competitive insurance solutions
- An entrepreneurial spirit — agile, passionate, self-motivated, and ready to thrive in a start-up environment
- Business development oriented — enjoys meeting new people and has a proven ability to build a robust prospect list
- Engaged — a dedication to remaining abreast of insurance market knowledge, trends, products, pricing, developments, and opportunities
- Superior interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills — both verbal and written — with the ability to listen, create buy-in, and effectively communicate with clients and the team
- Professional, friendly, and respectful in all interactions with customers, company partners, and colleagues
- A high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- RIBO Insurance license in good standing
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Strong knowledge of the Manufacturing and/or Technology sectors
- Insurance designations, such as CAIB, CIP, FCIP and/or CRM
- Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Broker licences in provinces outside of Ontario
- Previous experience utilizing Applied Epic broker management system
- Competitive salary and sales incentive plan
- Benefits package and group RRSP contributions
- Flexible hours with Flexible personal and vacation time (minimum 20 days)
- A career path focused on progression, learning, and engagement
- A company and leadership team that believes in the importance of relationships, work-life balance, integrity, and diversity
Interested candidates please contact Daher Hassan at 416-868-6711 x.224 or forward your resume in confidence to Daher@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.