Senior Casualty Claims Specialist,
Downtown Toronto, ON
Hybrid role - 2 days in the office /3 home based
Global Organization - Opportunity for Growth
Reporting to the VP, Claims, the Senior Casualty Claims Specialist effectively manages a portfolio of casualty claims as a financial portfolio to achieve maximum performance and profitability, meeting business goals while ensure that the Company’s philosophy and service standards are met. Conducts analysis and communicates on leading indicators that will impact performance, with recommended response(s).
- Concludes optimum claims settlements for the company and customer by managing a portfolio of claims, primarily casualty, utilizing the tri-lateral model (internal and external).
- Ensures claims are adjudicated according to policies, procedures and standards issued by the company including:
- Manages claims (notification, case reserves, reinsurance, investigation, evaluation, negotiation, settlement and closure) according to policies, procedures and standards for effective and efficient claims handling, while ensuring our customer and service standards are met.
- Advises underwriting and risk of issues related to insurability of risk
- Assists in managing performance of casualty and speciality lines portfolio through audit of claim files to ensure appropriate handling by internal and external claims handlers, including claims leakage, reserve adequacy, compliance with claims handling and services standards.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of claims policies, processes and procedures, products and services
- Conducts analysis of statistical information and KPI's to identify trends, improve performance and support remedial action.
- Ensures business objectives are met through audit and review of KPI's; recommend action to improve results
Education and experience
Education: University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent insurance experience. CIP designation complete or higher
Experience: 10 years of commercial casualty claims experience. Overall experience and exposure to financial management methods, the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting and reinsurance.
Demonstrable knowledge, skill and experience to independently manage complex claims through research and diagnosis; recommending courses of action that integrate with following business decisions.
Knowledge of property & casualty insurance, claims & claims management, principles and practices of adjusting; notification; case reserves; control recovery activities (including reinsurance on claims); investigation; adjudication; claims settlements and closures, inputs, approvals and payment; selecting and managing the performance of independent service providers.
Excellent knowledge, skills and experience in working with outside claims – paraprofessional and professional experts (investigators, reinsurers, lawyers and financial experts)
Skills: Track record of planning, organizing and completing, as well as integrating own results with the results of other individuals and participating in projects that complement professional or managerial functions and programs.
Broad knowledge of the business of insurance and commercial casualty insurance including subrogation and reinsurance.
Softer Skills: A person who is positive, confident, energized, articulate, empathetic and approachable.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.