- A professional and friendly workplace in an inviting office
- Full range of benefits include vision, extended health, dental, Health Spending Account
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Company sponsored staff appreciation day, Christmas party and social events
- Three weeks’ vacation to start
- Eight management days off per year
- Professional development opportunities
- Transit/parking subsidy
- Central Burnaby location close to transit and Central Park
- On-site gym and cafeteria
You will adjudicate LTD claims for the IWA-Forest Industry LTD Plan and for the IWA-Forest Industry Pension Plan disability statuses. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Review LTD application forms, medical information, and conduct member interviews to determine initial eligibility for LTD benefits
- Contact physicians, registered nurse practitioners, and other health professionals as required to obtain up to date medical information
- Work with medical consultants for reviews of LTD files
- Refer LTD claims for rehabilitation services with in-house rehabilitation counsellors
- Determine when members on LTD are required to apply for the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) disability benefit
- Determine ongoing claims management requirements with regular member phone contact and updated medical documentation
- Communicate written claims decisions in a timely manner with supportive documentation in keeping with the LTD Plan text requirements
- Document and maintain the LTD claim files to ensure an accurate record of the adjudication process and to set bring forward tasks for follow up
- Peer review of decisions to decline or terminate claims
- Track third party claims (WCB, CPP disability) for other disability awards or benefits to be offset from LTD benefits
- Track income from other employment or self-employment for offset from LTD benefits
- Calculate overpayments
- Compose and provide Appeal Summaries as required
- Three or more years of experience with the adjudication of claims for disability benefits.
- Detail focused with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Experience with disability claims for workers in safety sensitive resource industries is an asset
- Ability to make accurate calculations for overpayments
- Strong interpersonal skills for listening and confirming detailed information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A professional and respectful approach. Must display courtesy, discretion, and understanding in dealing with confidential matters and member situations.
- Experience with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- A related post-secondary diploma, degree, or certifications related to disability claims management.
The IWA—Forest Industry Pension and LTD Plans are responsible for the management and protection of large amounts of confidential information. All employees are expected by management to understand the requirements of and act in accordance with provincial privacy laws as well as to adhere to internal controls and policies to ensure confidential information is not revealed to or distributed or discussed with anyone other than as required to perform the duties of the position.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.