Senior Farm Underwriter
Our client is seeking a dynamic and results oriented team member who possesses first-hand knowledge of the farming industry. The successful candidate will be responsible for issuing new business, policy renewals, endorsements, and cancellations for farm risks (some residential) in accordance with Company underwriting guidelines and your level of underwriting authority. The ability to develop strong working relationships with our broker partners is key to the success of this position.
This position will report to the Manager of Residential & Farm Underwriting.
• Assess and evaluate risks within the farm portfolio.
• Negotiation of renewal terms.
• Processing new policies, renewals, and endorsements per our underwriting guidelines.
• Proactively manage business development opportunities.
• Review underwriting request providing support to brokers confirming the correct rate and clarifying or explaining underwriting rules to ensure they are applied accurately.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with our broker partners and within our own team.
• Provide product training and support to brokers.
• Order and assess inspections or other underwriting information for use in your analysis of critical risk hazards.
• Participate in insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development and team building.
• 3-5 years of farm underwriting experience or equivalent knowledge of the farming industry.
• Experience in the agricultural sector personal or professional is an asset.
• Farm background and/or graduate diploma from an agricultural college would be an asset.
• Professional, friendly, and courteous interactions with brokers and coworkers.
• A general knowledge of building construction and residential properties is beneficial. •
CIP designation or actively pursuing.
• Dependable, organized and willingness to learn.
• A team player with effective oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office products and the ability to learn new programs with ease.
• Demonstrates a high level of respect for confidentiality.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.