Our client is seeking a professional Commercial Underwriter to join their team!
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with external partners by having regular meeting with insurers and brokers
- Underwrite and negotiate complex customer accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability in order to grow a recurring book of business
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to identify cross-selling opportunities
- Independently develop and execute market sales plans
- Contribute new product development and mentorship of newer underwriters
- Some regional and local travel will be required
- 5+ years of insurance commercial experience
- A deep understanding of various commercial lines of business including construction, manufacturing, professional lines, etc.
- Strong underwriting acumen, effective communication and negotiation skills
- Sales execution mindset and creative problem-solving skills
- A (CIP) or equivalent or working towards a designation
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Vanessa Ip at 778-383-9790 ext. 105 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.