Senior Claims Adjuster - Large Loss
Boutique Insurer - Based in South Western Ontario
Our client is looking for an exceptional Senior Claims Adjuster – Large Loss to help drive excellence in our claims function for moderate to highly complex residential property claims.
To offer our policyholders a fast and positive customer experience, we use proprietary systems that have streamlined and automated many of the legacy inefficiencies in the claims process.
Our adjusters will have access to tools never seen in the industry before, all focused on making the claims process easier so that our customers can get back on their feet faster.
- Investigate, evaluate, analyze, negotiate, and settle residential property claims in accordance with our clients claims procedures and guidelines
- Review all relevant policy wordings and acts to determine coverage, damages, and liability
- Maintain ongoing communication and status updates to customers until file closure
- Determine appropriate settlement amount based on independent judgment, Xactimate estimates, contractor estimates, and application of applicable limits and deductibles
- Establish accurate claim and expense reserves and update promptly as new information is received
- Minimum 5 years of full handle desk adjusting experience in a multi-line capacity (first-party and liability)
- Previous experience handling claims under home, landlord, condo, and tenant policy forms
- Experience handling complex residential losses in excess of $100,000
- Ability to thoroughly document the claim file via written reports to all related parties relying on policy wording and circumstances surrounding the loss to determine coverage
- Experience working with large national contractors
- Drive and an eagerness to roll up their sleeves and get to work
- A desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Successfully worked with opposing counsel and third-party adjusters
- Their mind set on helping our customers get back on their feet quickly
- A strong fundamental understanding of building construction
- Experience with Xactimate estimates
- The ability to be empathetic to our customers in their time of need
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.