Senior Underwriter, Commercial Lines
Progarms Expertise a strong asset
Hybrid Role - Guelph, Toronto or Montreal
NOT YOUR TYPICAL UNDERWRITING ROLE
As the Senior Underwriter, with this organization you will review and evaluate applications to determine risk and extend coverage. You will utilize your problem-solving skills to assess intricate specialty accounts while ensuring decisions are aligned with established policies, procedures and standards.
What you’re responsible for:
· Utilizing various resources, tools and expertise to analyze risk for new and existing business and gathering insights into loss exposure.
· Preparing quotes and negotiating coverages to offer creative solutions that benefit all stakeholders and referring business to the appropriate authority level as required.
· Partnering with business units when creating applicable rating worksheets and manuscript wording while reviewing risk engineering reports to actively monitor progress and achieve goals.
· Guiding and advising team members to develop a team-oriented approach and maintaining positive and mutually beneficial relationships with client groups and stakeholders.
· Obtaining quality of service information from distribution partners to contribute to the development and implementation of improved services, including actively seeking out learning opportunities to support own growth and development.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
· You have seven years of experience in Commercial Underwriting.
· You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· You have the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designations.
· You have advanced knowledge of underwriting practices, insurance products and competitor landscape.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.