Based in Halifax
Job Summary: This role reports to the Director, Western & Atlantic Operations with full accountability for the financial success of the organization, including local administration, and the development of a positive volunteer and member experience.
The responsibilities of the orgnaization's Manager will include the effective and efficient management and implementation of all of the annual planned activity
This role will collaborate with other roles within the operations team, such as the Customer Relationship Manager, and through the balance of the organization, to achieve a set of established goals. As a part of the operations team there is also a need to participate in various projects that will continue to improve the ability to leverage and harmonize tasks and offerings to ensure provincial success.
The role of the Manager is to promote both finances and activity based on customer needs and by building relationship with key stakeholders. The high level objective of this role is to not only ensure financial success but to serve the education needs of the local insurance community.
Duties & Responsibilities
Membership & Financial Accountability
- Increase membership by, effectively promoting the organization and the benefits of membership to organizations and individuals
- Identify strategic, tactical and operational opportunities and make recommendations to support annual activity and budget plans and council strategies,
- Promote membership renewal, administer retention initiatives and attract new members through creative partnerships and product promotion
Service to Members and Customers
- Provide a customer centered focus through response to inquiries; maintain service standards and proactive participation in industry functions.
- Annually administer and deliver a well-supported cost effective, professional convocation and awards ceremony
- Implement and deliver all aspects of the responsive education and networking opportunities for members of the organization, and other services appropriate to members of the organziation
- Provide a relationship management approach by creating value for both the customer and the organization.
- Utilize extensive product knowledge to match the customer needs appropriately when delivering classes, events and seminars
- Actively engage in building and maintaining effective relationships with employers and other industry associations, to ultimately benefit the growth of the chapter, through regular visits with Key stakeholders.
- Manage all operational aspects of the premises and liaison with the organization regarding facilitates landlords and financial impacts
- Assign, support and acknowledge volunteer members to successfully work with the regional insurance community
- Implement annual plan to maximize membership and event participation in the organizations events.
- Identify & recruit qualified council & committee members.
- Administer council support through report documentation and meeting minutes
- Identify, recruit and hire qualified instructors
- Facilitate effective and timely councilor succession
Promotion of Products
- Identify Customer needs and ensure implementation of the available Products and Services, through regular visits with key stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver a complete Program with multiple distribution methods and locations to meet participant's needs
- Create, operationalize and successfully implement timely plan of special events, seminars and classes
- Plan, deliver and review results of all seminars, training and workshop programs sufficient to respond to member needs
- Promote awareness and participation in all organizations programs , products and services among members, stakeholders, the industry generally using all forms of electronic marketing and social media
- Accountable for maintaining and managing solid relationships with members of the broader organization's team in order to drive organization plans
- Maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationship with the organization
- Submit and implement a full strategic plan for participation and activity growth of their programs
- Support the career connections program including recruiting ambassadors and having champions on councils/committee.
- Advancement of the goals of the organization and support of national initiatives
Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional ability to interact and communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety and level of individuals and organizations
- High level of professionalism
- Superior aptitude for multi-tasking simultaneously and effectively across a broad range of activities
- First-rate planning, analyzing, reporting and organizational skills
- Exceptional Commitment to customer service
- Highly skilled in developing and nurturing effective relationships and networks
- Exceptional, assertive leadership skills, proactively decides and initiates action, delivering quality service
- Keen focus on concrete results with the ability to balance customer needs with organizational goals.
- High level of computer literacy with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Proficient in the use of computers and software packages, including updating website and distribution of electronic marketing
- Project planning management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting and able to read financial statements
- University graduate in a business discipline preferred
- CIP preferred
- Five years’ work experience within the property-casualty insurance or related service business
- Five years proven successful customer service, relationship management and sales experience
- Driver’s license is required
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.