Driven by technology and fueled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with a technical aptitude and ideally, a large commercial property, energy, or equipment breakdown underwriting background, to join our Technical Risk Underwriting Solutions Team (TRusT). We work in a small, but dynamic group with a strong focus on teamwork. We work with top-tier brokers from major hubs across Canada, and our clients include renewable energy power companies, and heavy industry companies in primary industries, including pulp and paper, steel, power generation, and mining. In TRusT we value our client and broker relationships; we pride ourselves on being agile, client-centric, and solution-driven. Our candidate should be a self-starter, want to work with a diverse and wonderful team, have a curious mind, and be keen to learn and help grow our business and contribute to the success of our Property All Risks and High Hazard Equipment Breakdown portfolios.
- Review and assess new business and renewal submissions.
- Analyse risks and exposures to underwrite our Equipment Breakdown and Renewable Energy Property All Risks accounts.
- Prepare and conduct presentations to a wide range of audiences, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, brokers, and client companies.
- Represent HSB Canada and participate in industry functions nationally.
- College or University degree/diploma or equivalent,
- CIP and/or CRM is an asset,
- Experience in Commercial Property or Equipment Breakdown Underwriting or other appropriate technical experience,
- Background in renewable energy, pulp and paper, steel, power generation, mining would be an asset,Proficient in Excel and MS Office applications,
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities,
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills,
- Advanced analytical & problem-solving skills,
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for Job Reference TR-0923-BW, please click on the link: Apply Here.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.