Our client is looking for a Large Loss Property Claims Adjuster that will be responsible for handling complex property claims worth in excess of $100,000 from start to finish. You must strive for excellence in customer service while using your industry knowledge and experience to adjust claims properly and efficiently. In this role you will cover the western Canada territory. This position is full-time remote and open to candidates anywhere in Alberta.
- Meet with insureds and consult experts in order to analyze losses
- Review and compile facts, policies, technical reports, analyze Xactimate estimates, value of claim and negotiate/settle claim
- Communicate claim adjustments through written reports to all parties
- Provide exemplary customer service and keep related parties informed of the claim status
- Responsible for maintaining accuracy while entering data and issuing payments to vendors, insureds and experts
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a timely and effective manner
- Identify questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities
- Review case law to determine liability
About the Employer:
Our client is one of the leading general insurers in Canada. They strive for transparency and simplicity with customers and employees alike. With a storied history our client is continuing to trail blaze by challenging industry norms and making bold decisions. Despite their large size our client stresses the importance of recognizing the many individuals that comprise their team and fuel the success of the company. This client values a diverse work culture and believes that different backgrounds and perspectives are key to a successful organization. There are regular opportunities to discuss growth and career aspirations. This is a top tier company and with that comes all the responsibilities, but also all the benefits.
- Company Car
You are an experienced claims adjuster who has worked hard to master their craft and is interested in pursuing the possibility of working from home. Large complex loss is what makes you excited to go to work in the mornings. You want to work in a role where you will be exposed to claims from across a large piece of the country.
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of the property insurance industry
- At least 7-10 years of commercial and residential property claims adjusting experience
- Strong construction knowledge
- Experience in directly handling complex residential and commercial losses in excess of $100,000
- Strong computer skills
- Strong case law knowledge in both civil code and common law provinces
- Thorough knowledge of a variety of property coverage wordings
- Some basic accounting skills
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact?Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076?or forward your resume in confidence firstname.lastname@example.org.? If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.