Our valued client is looking for a highly motivated and driven Intermediate Commercial Underwriter to join the team in either Edmonton, AB or Burnaby, BC. Work/Life balance and having fun in the workplace is of utmost importance!
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a very reputable insurance with a deep-rooted background in the insurance industry and provide a very attractive work environment along with career growth.
Their ideal candidate is someone who is motivated to thrive in a dynamic work environment, has good working knowledge of commercial underwriting techniques, guidelines and rates. The successful candidate is a whiz at understanding and responding to effectively manage broker concerns. They will use their uncanny organizational, communications and interpersonal skills daily.
- Quoting, negotiating, and authorizing the acceptance of new business, renewals and endorsements;
- Operates with an assigned group of brokers in accordance with the regional commercial business plan for profitability, growth, retention and service standards;
- Makes key risk decisions within an assigned level of authority while following the company’s underwriting guidelines;
- Visits brokers (when permitted) in order to promote and present the Company’s commercial products, promote profitable growth and retention;
- All other related tasks.
- Minimum 2+years commercial underwriting experience. (preferably mid-market – realty, restaurants and retail).
- CIP or working towards
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, tech skills, customer service skills and problem solving skills.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.