Our valued client is looking for a senior claims professional to join their team in the role of Claims Manager (BI & AB). The successful candidate will provide strong leadership to both Bodily Injury and Accident Benefits claims functions. This position reports to the Vice President of Claims and is located at their Edmonton Head Office.
- Act as a leader and role model by ongoing coaching and mentoring and encouraging professional development byidentifying training gaps of the team.
- Ensure compliance with organizational standards, and relevant regulations.
- Coach and advise team on handling large and complex injury claims.
- Participate in large loss meetings with senior management and report on significant claim developments including litigation, large losses and reserve changes.
- Conduct file audits and ensure employees are following proper claims handling practices
- Complete performance assessments through 1:1 meetings
- Liase with brokers and respond timely to customer enquiries on claims decisions.
- Conduct claims analysis and report on findings with recommendations for more efficient processes.
Ideally, you have over 10 years experience in claims with a focus on the BI/AB space and a minimum of 3 years leading a team. You are a strong communicator and are future-oriented. You work hard and lead by example. You are approachable and genuinely care about your team.
- CIP/FCIP designation and/or post secondary education
- 10 years’ experience in BI/AB claims as well as leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of policy wordings and relevant legislation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and confidence in decision making
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and with our broker partners, insureds, preferred vendors, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement, building efficiencies, and the ability to lead a team through change Guidewire experience is an asset.
About the Company:
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.