PRIMARY PURPOSE: To handle losses and claims for property and casualty insurers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines insurance policies and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, and/or corresponds with claimant and witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability and varying methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probable costs.
- Assists in preparing loss experience report to help determine profitability and calculates adequate future rates.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Obtain IIA-AIC designation within 12 to 18 months. Appropriate state adjuster license is required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated commitment to timely reporting
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Colleague Resources if you require accommodation.