You’re knowledgeable in the personal lines insurance industry with policies, products and customer service.
You’re a sales-driven entrepreneur — proactively getting new clients and business motivates you.
You’re a relationship builder — striking a meaningful conversation with a client, industry partner or colleague excites you.
If you’re nodding, this Sales Consultant role in the Private Client area at Cowan Insurance Group may be perfect for you and we’d love to hear from you!
What’s the ask?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Personal Insurance & Private Client this role will be responsible to pursue new personal lines business specific to our Private Client Home and Auto segment
- Soliciting, counseling and quoting potential new customers
- Perform front line underwriting to identify risk exposures and counsel prospect on coverage selection
- Respond to new business requests
- Actively look for new business opportunities through various channels including internal referrals such as other lines of business within the company
- Build external referral sources
- Attend various events in effort to drive Private Client (Home and Auto) new business opportunities.
What does it take?
- RIBO License or ability to obtain
- Previous experience working with affluent individuals either in personal insurance, wealth management or banking sector
- Business Development activity including outbound prospecting
- Building trusted relationships with internal partners including Wealth Management and Commercial Insurance in effort to receive introductions for potential Private Client Personal Insurance opportunities
- Must have 3 years working experience with affluent individuals
- Previous insurance and sales experience
- Exceptional relationship-builder and networker with strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Highly developed client service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- CAIB or CIP designation (or working towards designation) would be an asset
- This position is subject to appropriate background checks that may include credential, employment, credit, criminal and reference checks
Who we are
Canadian-owned and operated, Cowan Insurance Group is a leading independent insurance brokerage and consulting operation, providing real value to our clients. With close to 500 employees operating out of 8 locations across Canada, we’re proud to have been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2012.
We partner with leading national and international insurance companies to:
- deliver insurance and risk management solutions to businesses, organizations and individuals
- advise on and create retirement, group benefits, disability management and international benefits programs for employee groups.
We also offer wealth and asset management as well as financial and succession planning services to individuals, and specialize in property, casualty and credit insurance.
What sets us apart?
Be in good company
Integrity matters. It drives our award-winning workplace culture and fuels our collective desire to help our clients, employees, and communities thrive.
Challenge your thinking
You're valued for your passion, drive and creativity. The pace is fast but the work is meaningful, interesting, and complex, just the way you like it.
We believe in your potential. If you’re looking to develop your expertise with learning opportunities and mentoring, we’ll make that happen.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary
- Participate in our comprehensive benefits plan on day one — no waiting period
- Company-matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Company-paid training and development courses
- Community involvement
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and resume and share your unique story with us.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employee candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of an individual's technical qualifications, knowledge and experience, as they relate to the requirements of a particular position. Selections will be made without regard to: race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex, sexual orientation, handicaps (physical or mental), age, marital status, family status, or the receipt of public assistance or record of offences.