The Intermediate/Senior Telephone Adjuster is responsible for handling property claims of minor to moderate size. This role focuses on providing excellent customer service by investigating losses, evaluating coverage, negotiating claims, and settling them within policy parameters and industry guidelines. The candidate should have enough experience to mentor junior staff.
- Determine coverage, investigate, negotiate, and settle property claims
- Establish fair settlements through timely and effective communication with insureds, third parties, vendors, and independent adjusters
- Communicate clearly and concisely with all parties involved
- Exchange information between departments related to the risk
- Handle general inquiry phone calls and phone-reported claims from insureds and brokers
- Attempt subrogation and salvage recovery when possible
- Perform other related tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, organization, and planning skills
- Problem-solving ability and self-motivation to work independently
- Excellent telephone and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency
- Good team player
- Completion or commitment to complete CIP designation
- Minimum high school graduation, with preference for post-secondary education
- 3-5 years of prior experience in a similar role
- Fully experienced in Residential Property Lines, including Condominium Unit Owner coverages; commercial lines claims experience is an asset but not required
About the Company
Our client offers a dynamic, wholly owned Canadian Company with a global presence. They offer flexible work hours from Monday to Friday, allowing you to enjoy your evenings and weekends to the fullest. Their modern office is conveniently located near transit in the vibrant city of Burnaby. They also have an Edmonton location that is easily accessible. As part of their commitment to your well-being, they provide comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and pension plans. They strongly believe in work-life balance, and to foster a sense of community. They organize monthly staff activities that can be enjoyed both in-person and remotely. Experience the thrill of working in a company that values its employees and encourages growth and engagement.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.