Our client is seeking an experienced Commercial Underwriter to join their team! The ideal candidate would work within authority and service levels handing commercial property and casualty polices.
Location: Burnaby,BC / Edmonton,AB
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of new business and renewals
- Collaborate with assigned group of brokers in accordance with the regional commercial business plan
- Develop and maintain relationships brokers in order to promote company’s products
- Provide development support and mentorship of newer underwriters
- 3+ years of mid-market commercial underwriting experience
- A (CIP) or equivalent or working towards a designation
- Good knowledge of Commercial Lines underwriting techniques
- Good team player with effective communication and negotiation skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Vanessa Ip at 778-383-9790 ext. 105 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.