Out client – an innovative and successful global insurer with a proven track record in property and liability area – is seeking for an experienced Production Underwriter to join their mid-market team! This position is remote but ideally based in Vancouver as regular meetings with Brokers is required.
Location: Remote in B.C.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Producing and underwriting profitable new and renewal property & casualty business within the framework of our underwriting guidelines
- Providing superior service to our brokers and clients at all stages of the underwriting process
- Developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships in support of business objectives
- Customer focused approach in developing customized solutions for our clients
- Enhancing brand visibility by participating in Industry events, socials, conferences etc
- 5+ years of underwriting experience in property and casualty LOB
- Completion of or actively pursuing insurance courses would be an asset
- Occasional travel to key markets is expected
- Self-motivated individual with entrepreneurial mind set and excellent time management skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Vanessa Ip at 778-383-9790 ext. 105 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.