Work should be so much more than just a job you do to earn a paycheque. And at SGI, it is.
We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits. But we also provide opportunities. The opportunity to do work that makes a difference in your community. The opportunity to expand your professional skills and grow your career. And the opportunity to come to work every day to a job you’re passionate about and that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled.
Now that we’ve (hopefully!) sparked your interest, here’s some good news: we’re hiring!
We’re looking for a Broker Education Representative who is collaborative & have a passion for program development and delivery.
Our Broker Education Representative position may have just the challenge you’re looking for! We hope you consider applying if you:
- Get excited at the thought of presenting or facilitating technical material.
- Enjoy building relationships and networking to bring aware to SGI CANADA’s products.
- Have the knowledge of adult education principles and instructional design methodologies including conducting training needs assessments and developing training sessions and materials.
- Possess the knowledge of the property and casualty insurance market in assigned jurisdictions, including the independent broker distribution channel model.
- Know how to manage projects and can manage commitments effectively in a busy environment.
- Want to leverage your leadership skills for good – like actively supporting SGI’s culture, expanding your own learning, and supporting your colleagues as they do the same.
- Don’t mind traveling to support the Manitoba region. Overnight stays will be required.
The skills for this position are gained through the completion of a two-year diploma from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study, such as Business or Education or defined equivalency. Working towards a certificate or designation in the field of adult education and a possession of a valid driver’s license. 3 – 5 years’ of experience in a senior technical insurance position.
But we don’t want you to worry about checking every box! We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way, so please don't hesitate to apply. We'd love to hear from you!
What else do we offer?
Our website gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
- Work-life balance
3 weeks vacation annually.
- Personal development
We invest in our employees. We provide leadership and employee training, and provide education funding, to support your self-improvement goals and keep our teams thriving.
- A positive, healthy work culture
Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
- Awesome people
We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work family you didn’t know you needed.
We strive to be the kind of employer that employees recommend to a friend. We want our employees to want to come to work, and we look forward to your application!
Remember, the position closes October 4, 2023, so submit your application online by 11:59 p.m. SK time.