Our client is looking for an underwriting analyst to provide advice to both the Underwriting and IT team to develop and meet strategic objectives of the corporate underwriting department. The key responsibility and must have for this role is the ability to property communicate and write wording for policy and guidelines.
- Advance, sustain, and implement corporate underwriting guidelines.
- Oversee underwriting changes targeting on streamlined improvements and programming.
- Provide guidance to branch underwriting departments in the areas of underwriting, policy wordings, pricing, and risk.
- Analyze trends (geographies, markets, segments) and provide recommendations.
- Communicate regularly and ensure compliance on underwriting related issues, frequent coaching and educating to ensure understanding.
You are part insurance guru, part change manager. You have formidable skills when it comes to writing policy wordings and communicating them to others. You have experience in personal and commercial lines and get a thrill out of ensuring understanding among branch departments.
- 7+ years in an underwriting role in both commercial and personal lines.
- In-depth experience in wording review and development, including creating policy wordings
- CIP/FCIP or progression towards
- High level attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experiences understanding underlying facts and trends and recommending solutions with a high degree of confidence
- You’re a natural in facilitation and presentation
- Strong team collaborator and able to manage multiple time-sensitive demands with composure.
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to Heidi@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.