Are you a passionate and well-informed insurance expert seeking an exhilarating career opportunity? Our esteemed client is offering a full-time position for a Personal Lines Underwriter in Edmonton! As a member of our team, you will report to the Personal Lines Manager for Northern Alberta, and your contributions will play a pivotal role in the growth and profitability of our business portfolio through adept and efficient risk underwriting.
- Risk Assessment: Assess and analyze quote requests to determine the acceptability of risks, policy terms, and rates for processing new business.
- Policy Management: Oversee and process renewals, endorsements, and cancellations efficiently.
- Broker Interaction: Review and analyze broker production reports and provide underwriting guidance while addressing inquiries from brokers.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with our claims and accounting departments to address mutual concerns and ensure smooth operations.
- Relationship Building: Foster relationships with brokers through regular visits to communicate underwriting methods, support public relations initiatives, and resolve issues.
- Industry Representation: Participate in industry events to promote the company.
- Ideally, 5 + years of experience in personal auto, property, and farm
- CIP designation – partial or complete would be an asset.
- Expertise in policy wording, Alberta auto reform, Alberta grid rating, and DCPD.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey underwriting decisions and interact with stakeholders.
- interpersonal, organizational, and time management abilities to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Proficiency in computer skills to navigate relevant software and tools.
Our client has been serving Western Canada since 1982. Their head office is located in Edmonton, with branch offices in Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg. They currently employ over 200 staff, who work with over 478 independent broker offices. They offer a wide span of commercial, personal property, and automobile products. They also care about their employees. Our client values a work/life balance and a supportive work environment so individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to Heidi@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.