Claims Adjuster - Auto Bodily Injury & CGL
Work with a Global Insurer
Downtown based Insurer
If you are looking for an organization with strong leadership, challenging work that will stretch your potential, look no further. This role may be for you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Setting reserves and authorizing payment within scope of authority, effectively settling claims in the most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of payments.
- Coordinating and adjusting investigations of casualty line claims (bodily injury and product liability) and auto bodily injury third party claims of a moderate to intermediate complexity through communication with policy holders and external vendors.
- Assigning independent adjusters and lawyers in accordance with established guidelines.
- Contributing to profitability by effective implementation of claim handling best practices to direct loss cost and claim expense.
- Working closely with all levels of the company's internal and external business partners to share knowledge and developments on claims.
- Ensuring proper reporting are completed in a timely manner and sent to the appropriate Head Office departments.
- Making recommendations on claim policy and processes to further enhance the claim department.
- Reacting to change productively and handling other essential tasks and projects as assigned.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Technical and business management acumen, investigation and claims resolution skills, knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and teams.
- Ability to solve issues with a sense of urgency; utilizes and manages all available resources to make informed decisions and achieve superior total claim outcome.
- Ability to effectively manage through challenging business problems and take appropriate levels of risks.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, issues, Canadian and US laws and regulations.
- Customer service focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and handle high volumes of work
- Comfortable working in a paperless and technologically based environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
- Typically a minimum three to five years claims experience.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.