Agricorp is looking for a Team Leader, Business Operations to join the Operations team in the Program Delivery division. This role will lead and manage a diverse team of senior and intermediate-level professionals responsible for effective resolution of operational issues. The incumbent will plan and implement operational improvement initiatives, and support the Operations Committee in providing effective operational governance. Working with stakeholders across the organization, this role will collaborate with others to achieve Agricorp’s business goals through effective operations management.
In this role, you will:
- Lead (or support senior team members to lead) cross-functional teams to manage and resolve escalated operational issues (i.e. procedural, systems, or informational, etc.) ensuring all are conducted from an end-to-end perspective, maintaining quality and consistency of business standards, and using critical thinking to mitigate risk and potential future issues.
- Lead (or support team members to lead) cross-functional teams to plan and implement operational change initiatives as directed by the Operations Committee ensuring all are conducted from an end-to-end perspective using critical thinking to mitigate risk and potential future issues. Operational changes include items such as implementation of program audit findings, enhancements to program procedures, or preventative actions from issues management that have cross-functional impacts.
- Manage the ongoing monitoring, evaluation and reporting of progress on operational change initiatives and issues. Analyze reports to identify trends and opportunities for improvement and provide recommendations to the Director, Operations.
- Monitor operational performance and identify operational improvements needed to reduce risk and customer impacts (trend identification and data analysis)
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with team of direct reports and cross-functional management, in order to facilitate critical outcomes related to the quality of Agricorp’s operational delivery
- Monitor operational performance, solicit feedback from teams and identify trends that indicate a need for changing standard operating procedures or creating new processes, annual business calendar changes, or other operational improvements needed to enable effective Agricorp operations, providing recommendations to the Director, Operations.
- Seek feedback from internal and external customers, interpret the data and identify opportunities for change, and make recommendations for change
- Facilitate team meetings to cascade business objectives, company information and to engage team members in continuous improvement while ensuring alignment with the departmental business objectives
- Develop contingency plans to manage volume fluctuations
- Create a positive work environment by providing leadership and role-modelling to team members and across the department
Salary: $87,856 – $103,360
- Post-secondary degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics or equivalent working experience required
- 7+ years’ related experience including business operations, issues management, implementing business change and operational improvements
- Insurance, finance and/or agricultural industry experience required
- Experience communicating to diverse stakeholders with influence and authority
- Progressive responsibility and experience leading, coaching, and managing others
- Public sector experience, an asset
- CIP designation, an asset
- Achieving Quality Results – Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures, while managing risk.
- Analytical Thinking – Interprets, links and analyses information and situations by breaking them down into component parts, and identifying patterns, connections and underlying issues.
- Client Focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients.
- Communication – Listens to others and communicates effectively, fostering open communication.
- Critical Judgment, Decision Making & Problem Solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Leading Teams – Leads and supports the performance of a team towards achieving excellent results.
- Planning & Organizing – Developing, implementing, evaluating and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Works cooperatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational objectives.
Agricorp, an agency of the government of Ontario.
Agricorp delivers government programs. These programs help protect the livelihood of over 47,000 Ontario farmers against the many risks farm businesses face every day. Our employees are skilled professionals who respond when industry and government need us, manage public funds with great care and integrity, and deliver a quality customer experience.
Agricorp helps grow Ontario agriculture. We underwrite $7 billion in risk each year. The agency was established in 1997, and in our first 25 years we made $7.5 billion in payments to farmers when they needed it most.