Are you ready to take your underwriting skills to the next level and join a dynamic team where you can make a real impact? I am on the hunt for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join my client as a Production Auto Underwriter. This role is perfect for someone who wants to showcase their expertise, grow their career, and contribute to the success of the organization.
Title: Production Auto Underwriter
Location: Toronto (west end) – Hybrid (once a week in the office)
- Underwrite new business and renewals within your assigned areas of accountability, ensuring all policies are issued within service standards and in line with our corporate guidelines.
- Analyze loss analysis, rating, and issuance for mid-market new business and renewals, making sound underwriting decisions and managing complex accounts.
- Collaborate with Production Underwriters to develop and maintain positive business relationships with our broker partners, while also demonstrating exceptional broker service.
- Train, coach, and mentor junior staff members to help them grow and succeed in their roles.
- Communicate results, outstanding issues, and opportunities to the Director of Commercial Insurance, keeping them informed of your progress and achievements.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships through regular visits and engagement, promoting company products and driving sales targets.
- Take on additional duties as assigned, always striving to exceed expectations and deliver exceptional results.
- University / College degree
- CIP / FCIP designation or working towards it.
- CRM designation(s), an asset.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Commercial Automobile underwriting.
- Strong product knowledge and the ability to make sound underwriting decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong negotiation and sales skills.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Accountability, customer-centric thinking, teamwork, and a commitment to service excellence.
- A professional, friendly, and courteous demeanor in all interactions with external and internal customers.
- Computer literacy is required, with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft products and the company operating system.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.