Title: Senior Property Claims Leader (Large Loss Claims)
Location: Remote role in Canada
Are you a seasoned leader who is passionate about guiding a team in the world of property claims, and who thrives on continuous improvement and innovation? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As a Senior Claims Leader, you will lead a dynamic team of property file handlers responsible for managing large loss claims while driving exceptional outcomes in customer satisfaction, team development, and financial performance.
Your role will involve:
- Cultivating an environment where your team can excel and grow, facilitating career progression and ensuring they meet the present and future business requirements.
- Identifying and eliminating inefficiencies and improving processes that affect customer service, employee satisfaction, and financial performance.
- Shaping and enforcing industry-leading claims standards and best practices, managing risk and compliance, enhancing training programs, and overseeing claims projects.
- Managing operational risks associated with our team's output effectively.
- Setting an example by embodying our company's values and consistently demonstrating our leadership culture in People, Business, and Innovation.
- Communicating with confidence, curiosity, courage, and collaboration to convey a clear vision of the desired outcomes and how your team's efforts will contribute to achieving them.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring positive customer outcomes, maintaining financial performance, and effectively managing risk for large loss claims within your team.
- Leveraging your deep technical knowledge to mentor team members, build their skills, and grant authority over claims up to $750,000.
- Demonstrating financial acumen to ensure our claims function remains strong year after year.
- Identifying, addressing, and mitigating emerging risks, while applying risk management controls and handling compliance. Monitoring data for signs of fraud or financial irregularities.
- Implementing and monitoring compliance with standards and best practices, identifying opportunities for improvement, and suggesting solutions.
- Establishing a robust succession plan and managing team performance to close gaps and support career development.
- Fostering alignment with other business units and teams within the organization, working collaboratively to optimize resources.
- Utilizing the insights and expertise of your team to enhance overall performance and results. Managing team capacity and capabilities effectively.
- Identifying areas for improving the customer journey, claims processes, and financial outcomes, thinking creatively to develop solutions.
- Collaborating to identify gaps and emerging trends, ultimately recommending the strategic direction for your team.
- Cultivating a culture of ownership, transparency, inclusion, curiosity, and respect within your team.
- Representing your team and presenting to the senior leadership team.
What you'll bring:
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A post-secondary education and a CIP/FCIP designation.
- A comprehensive understanding of end-to-end large loss property claims (commercial and residential)
- Previous leadership experience in the P&C insurance industry.
- Strong performance management skills and a demonstrated ability to develop capabilities.
- Experience in continuous improvement or relevant study.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage, advocate, and influence at all organizational levels.
- Technical expertise, preferably as a large loss adjuster or examiner.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, which you can leverage to gain insights from data and enhance your team's performance.
- A curious and creative mindset.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan, share plan, volunteer days and more.
If you are a motivated and experienced leader with a passion for property claims and a commitment to excellence, we encourage you to apply and embark on an exciting career journey with us. Join our team and be part of a forward-thinking and dynamic organization where your skills and talents will be valued and rewarded. Apply today!
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.