Are you an experienced insurance professional with a passion for technical expertise and coaching? If so, my client has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Property Specialist!
Title: Technical Claims Specialist - Property
Location: Remote role in Canada
What you'll do:
As a Technical Property Specialist, you will play a crucial role in supporting the National Property Technical Team by providing technical coaching and guidance on individual claims as well as matters that impact the broader Property Claims team. Your efforts will contribute to enhancing the technical capabilities of our Property Claims teams, enabling them to deliver an outstanding customer experience while efficiently managing property claims and expenses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing dedicated technical coaching to the National Property Technical Team and individual team members.
- Cultivating a coaching culture by building rapport with team members and fostering an open and inviting environment that encourages them to excel in their roles.
- Implementing effective coaching methods and strategies and ensuring consistent measurement of progress.
- Assessing the technical capabilities of individual team members, supporting their development plans, addressing capability gaps, and measuring outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce waste and improve efficiency within the Property Claims system, ultimately benefiting our customers.
- Supporting succession planning to ensure the availability of long-term technical resources for the company's future success.
- Maintaining awareness of potential bad faith exposures.
- Using data and experience to generate insights for overall performance improvement, enhancing the customer's journey, and executing improvement activities.
- Participating in the Quality Assurance Program for the team and addressing remediation promptly and effectively.
- Ensuring team compliance with local regulations.
- Exercising authority on commercial and personal lines claims up to $1,500,000.
- Developing technical guidelines and providing support for technical training.
- Occasionally assisting with handling complex files or supporting the business during catastrophes or high-volume situations.
- Enhancing the technical capabilities of National Property Technical Team employees.
- Ensuring effective coverage analysis, investigation, quantification, analysis, and adjudication of complex property losses.
- Granting authority on individual files based on their merits.
- Focusing on continuous improvement of customer experience, indemnity, and expense excellence.
- Demonstrating adherence to relevant regulatory and legislative compliance.
- Ensuring the Property Claims team meets their goals related to indemnity and expense spend targets and initiatives, including reserving adequacy.
- Supporting technical development within the organization.
What you'll bring:
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- A CIP or FCIP Industry designation or other relevant professional insurance qualification.
- A university degree, college diploma, or equivalent property technical work experience.
- Completed coaching courses and workshops.
- A minimum of 10 years of previous experience in the Claims/insurance industry with a strong knowledge of property claims.
- Superior technical competence in both Personal and Commercial insurance.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, coaching skills, and team-building capabilities.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate diplomatically and empathetically.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, including familiarity with established root cause analysis methodologies.
- The ability to adapt to business strategies and manage ongoing changes.
- Proficiency in gaining insights from data to enhance team performance.
- Adjusting licenses in provinces where licensing is a requirement (NB, PE, NL, QC), or a willingness to obtain them.
- Experience using Xactanalysis, Audatex, Edjuster, Guidewire ClaimsCenter, CoreLogic, and Qlik.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan, share plan, volunteer days and more.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.