Bilingual Claims Specialist - Professional Lines (D&O, E&O & Cyber)
Work for an Industry Leader
5 weeks vacation
Our client is a specialist insurance provider, pioneer in emerging risk and market leader in cyber.
Their global insurance platform uses cutting-edge technology and data science to deliver smarter, faster underwriting and protect customers from today’s most critical business risks.
An experienced claims professional is required to start up the Canadian Admitted Claims offering and further strengthen the global claims team and to ensure delivery of high-quality claims service to policyholders and brokers.
Seeking a conscientious and hardworking claims professional with experience and an interest in handling a cross-section of claims including professional liability, management liability, D&O, E&O and cyber claims.
This role will work with the Global Claims and Incident Response team, along with a number of vendors including forensic, legal, and PR ensure the delivery of a cost effective, but high-quality response to our Insureds.
The role will also involve working with Underwriting, Finance, IT and Products teams whilst being subject to all relevant legal, state and statutory requirements and obligations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Proactively handle a cross-section of claims including professional liability, management liability, D&O, E&O and cyber claims from first notification of loss to settlement.
- Foster good relationships with policyholders, brokers and drive excellent customer service.
- Actively work with a panel of response vendors during claims incidents.
- Ensure that there is prompt and accurate reserving, identifying and pursuing relevant third party recoveries and seeking to reduce claims leakage.
- The ability to prioritise where necessary, identifying deadlines such as those stipulated within lawsuits, demand letters and in addressing claims queries.
- Work closely with service providers to ensure a quality and value for money service is provided/received within required timeframes.
- General claims administrative duties such as electronic file management filing and payment requests, and the production of management information.
- Working closely with underwriters providing feedback on claims issues/trends and the Products team concerning the development products and wordings.
- Identify and escalate claims related issues to line manager where necessary.
Skills & Ability
- Experienced at dealing with external stakeholders in a customer service or consultancy environment
- Excellent communication skills and capable of credibly speaking to clients and partners regarding cyber incidents and products and services provide in responding to them.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of handling claims
- Good understanding of insurance policy wordings
- Experienced with cross border and international cyber incidents or forensic investigations, or at minimum a good understanding of international considerations relating to cyber claims particularly with regards to Canada, the USA, UK, and Australia.
- Experienced at working with incident response vendors, in particular legal and forensic providers
- Good computer skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel), and use of ECF an advantage.
Education & Qualifications
- Claims Adjuster License ideally in key territories (Toronto is required), with willingness to take exams for the other territories with support of the business
- Educated to degree standard
- Legal degree an asset.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.