Vice President Insurance Operations
Location: Guelph Ontario
Our client, The Ontario School Boards’ Insurance Exchange (OSBIE) is a non-profit insurance reciprocal that was established in 1987. It is comprised of 119 members, representing 79 school boards and 40 Joint Ventures in Ontario. The primary goal of the organization is to insure school members against losses and promote safe school practices.
The Exchange provides Comprehensive General Liability Insurance to Ontario school boards as well as supplementary lines of insurance to its members.
The Exchange is governed by a 14-member Board of Directors who are elected from the membership based on regional representation.
The Vice President of Insurance Operations is an executive leader with demonstrated
experience leading an organization in a time of growth and evolution, contributing to its overall strategic direction and business planning, and managing vital business operations including Claims, Legal, Member Services, Reinsurance and Risk Management/Loss Control programs for Members.
The Vice President - Insurance Operations champions best practices, effective strategic planning, and timely decision-making, while creating a positive workplace environment for all staff and promoting a culture of hard work, engagement, empowerment, and client service. An understanding of ‘the big picture”, and finding creative, strategic, and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and execute the company’s operational strategies, aligning them with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the insurance operations, ensuring efficient and effective execution of business activities.
- Collaborate with the executive team, along with their direct reports, to set strategic goals, operational targets, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Drive operational excellence by identifying process improvement opportunities and implementing best practices.
- Streamline business processes, optimize resource allocation, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Monitor key operational metrics and performance indicators to drive continuous improvement and achieve targets.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Develop and implement operational policies, procedures, and systems to enhance productivity and performance.
- Monitor industry trends and technological advancements to stay ahead of the competition.
- Manage and develop high-performing teams, providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including our members (subscribers), suppliers, and partners.
- Identify and assess business risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure business continuity.
- Drive innovation and foster a culture of creativity and continuous improvement within the organization.
- Lead and support change management initiatives to drive organizational growth and transformation.
- Collaborate on special projects with the Vice President of Finance & Administration and the CEO.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field (advanced degree preferred) or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a senior insurance executive in a fast-paced organization including commercial insurance, mutuals, or a reciprocal.
- Demonstrated experience in driving operational excellence and achieving business objectives.
Skills & Behaviour:
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Lead by example; positive attitude; results driven; self-motivated; team player; customer-centric mindset.
- Exhibit a high degree of confidentiality with sensitive information, and work with integrity.
- Financial acumen with experience managing budgets, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- A competitive compensation package, including base salary, bonus, pension, and benefits, will be provided.
DGA Careers is assisting with this appointment. To express interest in this opportunity and obtain more information on the role please contact either Antonella Leone via email at email@example.com or Maurice Reichberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply for the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.