Our client is seeking multiple experienced Senior Underwriter to join their team! The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years Commercial Underwriting experience and prior MGA experience is preferred.
Location: Remote in BC
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and apply pricing, terms & conditions to new and renewal business
- Maintaining & growing existing book of business
- Establish & maintain relationships with brokers
- Develop out new broker relationships, including broker visits & discussions
- Discussion & ideas on new product development & learning on other areas of niche underwriting
- 5+ years of commercial insurance underwriting experience
- Prior working experience with MGA is preferred
- Level 1 General Insurance license (or the ability to obtain within a certain time frame)
- A (CIP) or equivalent or working towards a designation is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong underwriting acumen, effective communication, and negotiation skills
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Vanessa Ip at 778-383-9790 ext. 105 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.