The primary purpose of this position is to assure prompt and equitable settlement of small and moderate cargo and physical damage claims; ensuring that claims service is consistently delivered within Old Republic’s exceptional customer service standards while achieving the required business results.
- Examine, settle and process assigned claims, within a specified limit of authority.
- Investigate and document facts surrounding loss.
- Evaluate claim and establish preliminary settlement reserves.
- Establish, review, document and maintain claims files and assure progress toward settlement.
- Negotiate loss settlements based on coverage in question, knowledge of repair costs, and other relevant factors.
- Work closely with insured to effect creative and equitable claims solutions.
- Continue negotiations until claims settled equitably.
- Assure documentation of claims files in accordance with company policies and expectations.
- Daily coverage verification.
- Pursue subrogation where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain customer service and broker relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent related experience.
- Completion of at least one CIP course, and enrollment in CIP program.
- 1 – 2 years claims experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Well organized and decisive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with a variety of people and ability to develop above average negotiation skills.
- Ability to accept direction but also to take initiative on investigations and paperwork, ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
- Demonstrated commitment and support for customer service philosophy.
- Ability to make decisions and handle pressure.
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@orican.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Old Republic Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided for qualified applicants with a disability throughout all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Human Resources and we will work with you to determine an appropriate accommodation. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.