BST Insurance Brokers Ltd. is a well-established and growing brokerage. “We strive to provide excellent customer service through friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff.” Located in Pickering, Ontario, there is an immediate opening for a Personal Lines Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for the daily servicing of a personal lines portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive salary and benefits package, as well as a significant incentive plan and team-oriented environment.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for reviewing and renewing existing policies, assessing risk exposure and ensuring proper coverage is in place.
Daily responsibilities include the following:
Review existing policies with clients, clearly explaining coverage and limits and asking the right questions in order to determine and address needs and potential coverage gaps
- Manage renewal of the portfolio to ensure high customer retention levels, remarketing accounts as necessary
- Claims reporting, counselling and advocacy
- Process policy changes on company web sites
- Respond to client calls and answer inquiries relating to coverage and billing and provide quotations as required for potential policy changes
- Provide support to sales staff as required
- Resolve issues regarding client premiums, account reconciliation, and other issues as they arise
- Prepare and provide to clients: proposals, applications, and certificates of insurance
- Utilize the broker management system (Power Broker) to accurately input all client activity
- Read, understand and address written work orders and contracts such as lease/finance agreements, mortgagee requirements, legislation, etc.
- RIBO licensed with minimum 2 years’ broker experience in personal lines.
- Previous commercial lines experience is considered an asset.
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education in Insurance preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, problem solving and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency
- A true team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Broker Management System (Power Broker) and CompuQuote preferred
- Working knowledge of company portals preferred
Please apply by sending your résumé and covering letter in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for interview will be contacted.