Description de l'offre d'emploi
Masters Insurance (Ottawa) Limited - Job Posting
Position: Commercial Insurance Account Executive
Employment Status: Full-Time Employee
Location: Ottawa Office: 255 Michael Cowpland Dr., Unit 101-A, Ottawa ON, K2M 0M5
This position will support a dynamic team in servicing a very active commercial insurance book of business. The book of business consists mainly of construction, home building, manufacturing and realty business. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They will be part of a team whose core objective is to maintain a high level of professionalism while exceeding expectations at each client interaction.
By joining our Masters team, you will become part of a growing company that offers extensive training and frontline knowledge of the overall insurance industry. We offer a competitive, salary-based, compensation package including group health and retirement benefits, with future advancement opportunities within our organization. Choose a career with Masters Insurance Limited and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with Producer and assist with renewal negotiations of medium to large accounts; policy types including Builders Risks, Wrap Up Liability and other project-specific policies
- Review and analyze contractor prequalification & tender documents, Certificates & Lease documents, construction contract wordings (CCDC) and other contract wordings
- Field claim queries from clients, as well as co-ordinate claims handling process with in-house claims department
- Service existing client base, including responding to client questions and providing coverage advice and recommendations
- Act as a mentor/advisor, providing guidance and training to junior staff members
- Work effectively with TAM and Microsoft Excel in order to perform the following tasks:
- Assist in updating Summaries of Insurance for renewal, issuing proposals and Binders of Insurance, market summaries & price comparisons
- Follow up with Outstanding Recommendations and Additional Coverage(s)
- Request, check and invoice Policy Endorsements and renewal documents
- Attend renewal meetings and communicate with clients and underwriters
- Represent the company and attend industry-related social events from time to time
- Perform other related administrative duties including assist in premium collection
- Prospecting and special projects, as required
Qualifications & Experience
- RIBO Licence / or relevant industry experience (RIBO completion within 6 months)
- Understanding of commercial insurance products, particularly in the construction industry
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of experience in a similar role
- CIP and/or CAIB designation
- Familiarity with The Agency Manager (TAM) and/or CompuQuote
Skill Sets Required
- Proficiency in MS Office, namely Outlook, Word and Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-motivation with ability to problem-solve with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proficiency to analyze information and make recommendations/decisions with information provided
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Accurate data entry skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful of clients, co-workers and Management
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting this position, to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
We at Masters Insurance Limited are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workplace. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation we encourage you to contact us at (905) 738-4164 x113 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our company, visit our website www.mastersinsurance.com.
To view our current job postings, follow us on LinkedIn Masters Insurance | Financial.