Description de l'offre d'emploi
Agricorp is looking for an Underwriter to join the Underwriting and Account Services team in the Program Delivery division.
The Underwriter is accountable for assessing, evaluating and making decisions about risks for existing and new customers. As the Underwriter, you will be responsible for the underwriting and delivery of Agricorp’s risk management, grant and regulatory programs. In this role, you will:
- Assess application eligibility for enrolment in Agricorp programs
- Underwrite mid-term contract changes and renewals for customers
- Make decisions regarding risks and exceptions within your authority limits
- Review and process financial transactions relevant to underwriting
- Engage other specialists or the team leader as necessary to evaluate risks and make appropriate decisions
- Contribute to the achievement of departmental service-level metrics
- Respond to underwriting phone calls and serve customers by providing program information and handling escalations
- Deal directly with customers, agencies and producers and collaborate as necessary with other internal stakeholders to resolve client issues
- Proactively provide information to help resolve issues and disputes by informing the specialist or team leader of discrepancies or irregularities that may lead to high risk
- Mentor and coach junior underwriting staff in risk assessment and decision making
- Review junior underwriting staff files and provide approvals while ensuring risk assessments are completed within authority limits
- Stay current on programs and services administered by Agricorp, standard operating procedures and associated regulations
- Participate in underwriting and program delivery initiatives and projects and provide subject matter expertise
Job status: Permanent
Location: Guelph – Massey Road
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, such as mathematics, finance, commerce, business or agricultural sciences, or equivalent experience
- Minimum three to five years’ related program and/or underwriting and risk analysis experience in insurance, financial services or the agricultural industry
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups, including clients, agencies, producers and other professionals
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service, quality and productivity results
- Experience in operating within standard operating procedures, quality frameworks, and workflow and policy administration systems
- Three to five years’ underwriting experience in farm/crop insurance an asset
- Completion of or pursuing Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or risk management courses an asset
- Working knowledge of related federal and provincial agreements and legislation an asset (e.g., Crop Insurance Act)
- Dispute and conflict resolution experience an asset
- Knowledge in reading and analysing financial statements and documents an asset
- Knowledge of Agricorp programs an asset
- French language skills an asset
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Analytical thinking – Interprets, links and analyses information and situations by breaking them down into component parts, and identifying patterns, connections and underlying issues
- Teamwork and collaboration – Works cooperatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational objectives
- Achieving quality results –Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures, while managing risk
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
- Critical judgment, decision-making and problem solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk
- Planning and organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates, and adjusts plans to reach goals while ensuring the optimal use of resources
As an agency of the Government of Ontario, Agricorp works with partners to contribute to a vibrant and sustainable agriculture industry. With more than 400 employees serving more than 47,000 producers province-wide, Agricorp delivers programs that help producers manage risk and remain financially secure. The agency was established in 1997 by the provincial government under the authority of the AgriCorp Act, 1996.
Agricorp delivers a variety of programs and payments on behalf of the federal and provincial governments, including AgriStability, Farm Business Registration and Production Insurance. Please see the full list of programs for more information.
To apply for this position, please go to www.agricorp.com and complete the online Application for Employment form.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.