Description de l'offre d'emploi
Claims Support Specialist (A/R)
The Claims Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Claims department with a variety of tasks to assist them with the handling of claims to ensure timely and accurate processing, while delivering high quality customer service. In addition, this role supports the Accounts Receivables function.
• Provide administrative support to the Adjusting team
o Intake all new incoming claims through email and set up in Filetrac
o Gather and coordinate necessary documentation and information related to the claim in order to create a notice of loss and distribute to appropriate reporting channels within established timelines.
o Within 24 hours of notice or receipt of report from the Adjuster, complete the 24-hour report in accordance with client expectations.
o Forward notice of loss and related documentation to insurer or broker via email.
o Upload required information / documentation and diary service into Filetrac
o Follow up as necessary with Insurance company regarding report submission, assigned Examiner and all relevant contact information, and input into Filetrac
• Review and edit Adjuster reports for submission to Manager to review and invoice and complete any final revisions as per Manager.
• Submit time entries in Filetrac as required.
• Provide final reports to Examiner with any other related and necessary documentation/enclosures.
• Prepare claims file for closing.
• Receive and coordinate cheques applicable to claim file
o Make copies of cheque payable ; post cheque to appropriate invoice in Filetrac.
o Scan and upload to applicable file any incoming cheque payable to insureds, contractors, etc.; notify Adjuster of payment received and any pending action required.
• Handle account receivable function
o Follow up on past due invoices; report to the President with any invoicing queries or concerns from Examiners.
o Sort through incoming mail.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as requested
• Post-secondary education and/or a combination of education and related experience.
• Experience in insurance adjusting or broker claims environment preferred.
• Prior experience handling account receivable an asset.
• Experience in a customer service environment an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and aptitude to learn various systems.
• Proven ability to have an empathetic telephone manner, professional communication skills and mannerism throughout a telephone call experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills to plan, review and follow-up to prioritize tasks. Planning must be done to handle deadlines, peak periods and/or unexpected situations.
• High attention to detail.
• Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative and follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic.
• Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment.
Work Environment - Must be able to handle noise distractions, privacy concerns, interruptions, minimal storage space while working. Every effort has been made to make the environment as safe and comfortable as possible. Overtime may be required at times; 100% time in Head Office.
Physical Demands - Must be physically able to spend a majority of their day in a seated position and using computers. Fine motor skills will be stressed using computer equipment and telephone, and processing paperwork daily.
Mental Demands - Functions of mental effort include: active listening, understanding and following instructions, adhering to work schedules and production standards. Distractions will come from team members, brokers, service providers, insureds or claimants questions whether over the telephone or in-person. Handling Manager inquiries or tasks; organizational changes and outside sources may cause stress.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner