Description de l'offre d'emploi
Our client is in need of a Personal Lines Underwriting Supervisor with a strong personality capable of building, developing and leading a group of Personal Lines Underwriters. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping create the workplace environment as well as the practices that go on within it.
- Taking a hands on approach when assisting staff with clients while ensuring that your employees are taking advantage of learning opportunities
- Coaching and guiding staff in an effort to help them reach group and individual goals
- Analyze risk and recommend an informed course of action
- Keep staff up to date on insurance company changes and announcements
- Meet and maintain positive relationships with insurance company representatives
- Monitor the performance and workload of the team’s portfolio using software and lead periodic reviews for quality assurance purposes
- Handling customer concerns
- Maintaining a high level of service without sacrificing company morale
- Getting to know your staff so that you can best support them and lead them to success
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. It is a truly exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization. They are trending upwards and credit their staff with spurring them on. They have concentrated a ton of great minds in their office and are looking to add another exceptional employee to fill this position.
You are people’s leader and always make sure to include your team in decisions whenever possible. You understand what it takes to be a good team member and that is why you are such a strong leader. Personal lines insurance is second nature to you and you are ready to pass on your wisdom.
- An insurance designation would be an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of personal lines insurance
- 5+ years experience in the insurance industry
- Some experience as a team lead is an asset
- Proven success as a leader and decision maker
- Able to build relationships with customers and coworkers alike
- Able to convey messages in many different forms to many different types of people
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-952-5077 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.